Please note: We require a copy of your Drivers License and Credit Card for all Rentals!
We rent the same kind of knee walkers that are used in health care facilities and residential settings. A knee walker is a mobility device designed to assist patients mobility after foot or ankle surgeries. Knee walkers are mainly used by patients recovering from leg surgeries to prevent the injured leg from bearing weight during recovery.
- Knee walkers have the following features:
- Knee walkers resemble kick scooters (not to be confused with a mobility scooter with an adjustable elevated pad to rest your injured leg's knee.
- Patients use their good leg to steer the knee walker and the handle bar to control the direction of the front wheels.
- Some models feature swivel wheels, which make wheel movements similar to that of a shopping cart.
- Knee walkers are designed to keep your injured leg from bearing weight while still providing for easy mobility. Knee walkers have a weight limit of 300 lbs. Patients should adjust the knee walker's elevated pad to ensure that the injured leg is resting in the proper position and uninjured foot is flat on the floor while standing.
What is a knee walker?
Knee walker is a medical mobility device to assist patients mobility after foot or ankle surgeries. A knee walker is an alternative to crutches or a traditional walker as an ambulation aid. Knee walker is mainly used by patients recovering from leg surgeries to prevent the injured leg from bearing weight during recovery. Knee walkers are sometimes referred to as a leg caddie, knee scooter, leg walker, orthopedic scooter, or knee cruiser.
Will Medicare or my insurance pay for my knee walker rental?
We will not bill or coordinate benefits for short-term rentals, but if your insurance does cover these services, we can provide any information needed to help you file your claim.
Will I be charged sales tax?
Knee walkers are exempted from tax. However, delivery fees are always subject to tax.
What if something goes wrong with my knee walker?
Everything Medical checks and tests all knee walker rentals before they go out. We are confident that you won’t have any problems, but if you do, we will repair or replace knee walkers at no cost as soon as possible.
What if I want to purchase my knee walker?
Everything Medical also sells new and used knee walkers.